function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aniruddha.ManakeshwarAniruddha.Manakeshwar 

How Salesforce creates a Case if there is any integration with other Systems?

Hi,

We have community on JIVE platform and Salesforce at backend. I have question related to Auto Creation inside Salesforce ?

On JIVE we have one button called as "Escalate Case"  which has integration with Salesforce at beackend. If we click to Button in JIVE it's going to create a Case inside Salesforce. I did testing for this and case is being created inside Salesforce, but its not attached with any of the Contact or Account?  How to debug for this if case is being created from JIVE ? 
I have come across following questions in my mind.
1. if case is being created, whether its created through API or Customer portal ? 
2. Only Administrator Account is synched with JIVE-Salesforce plugin ? for other users its giving an error, cannot logged in. (What permissions are required ?)
3. When Case is crated from JIVE; they are sending some information related to Case as

• Case Type
  • Case Origin
  • Description
  • Email address
  • JIVE type
  • JIVE tags
  • Name
  • Status
  • Subject
  • Company

But Case is not redirected to Contact or any Account ? How to make sure it will be redirected to Account or Contact?

Can anyone please help me?

Henry AkpalaHenry Akpala

Overall, when you use API or WebtoCase to create cases in salesforce, these rules apply, If the email address that you are using is tied to a contact in Salesforce, that contact is associated to the case, else the case does not have a contact assoicated with it.  If you are using person account then the same rule applies for the account since the account represents a contact.

Regarding your questions;

1: It uses the API. 

2: Check the profiles and permission for the other users

3: Since you have email address on the list of fields, it should normally use that for the integration.

Hope this helps

Regards

-Henry