function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShaminaShamina 

Performance issue related to custom Salesforce REST web services

Hello,

We have noted slow response time when external systems call web services developped in our salesforce production organisation. The web service follow the REST architecture.

There exist several web services, and the average response time of the web services 1.5 seconds and sometimes more than 1 minute.

What do we need to do to improve the response time ?

The apex class which implements these REST web services are currently under API 23, can this be related to the performance issue?

I have logged a case and am still waiting for some feedback from Salesforce.

Regards,
Shamina

Henry AkpalaHenry Akpala

I am working with v24 and v25.  I don't see any performance issue with those version.  Did SFDC respond to your request?

Regards

-Henry

ShaminaShamina

Salesforce recently made a change to the way they offer developer support to customer, and they said that they now provide developer support only to our premier customers and premier partners.

We are not premier customers, so Salesforce did not give any feedback on the subject.

The web service are implemented under API 23, I have updated one them from API 23 to API 25.

I am currently waiting for new performance tests to be carried out to know if this change improves performance.

If it does, then I'll update the API of the other web service as well.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback

Regards

Shamina