function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkateshpvenkateshp 

Push Notiifcations with Streaming Api

Hi All,

We are building apps  by  integrating with  salesforce and mobile clients (Android and IOS ) using REST Api, we need to implement the Push notifications  like once the  Status (Custom Field) in the object is updated , the push notifications need to

be send to all the clients (Android and IOS clients), How can i achieve this one wiht Streaming Api, Please suggest me the Approach

Its very urgent to us!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Venkatesh

greentruck55greentruck55

currently, the streaming api only supports  a very limited number of clients receiving notifications (20). 

Sam

venkateshpvenkateshp

Hi Sam,

Thank you  for your reply

Can you please give the details of the creating push notifications on the objects,

is there any alternative to the push notification to notify more than 20 clients(Both Andriod and Ios apps)?

Thanks in Advance,

Venkatesh

greentruck55greentruck55

the streaming api uses a SOQL stmt to determine when to trigger an event notification

and uses three different approaches to whch fields get sent as part of the event info

those in the select side of the stmt

those on the condition side of the stmt

or both

select name, id, ,,, from  object where  field=value and ... etc..

you use this string to 'create' the pushtopic.

then you enable the event handler for that push topicm by registering a handler for it using the Bauex protocol. 

I'm not aware of any good pub/sub mechanism for SF based systems. so I think you would have to use a good pub/sub system

as a proxy for the events on SF.

pub/sub = publish/subscribe

Sam