function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Diego RomeraDiego Romera 

Canvas error in Internet Explorer

Hi there,

I've been developing a canvas app which connect with an external website even log in inside it . To do it I have been making use of Salesforce javascript library inorder to manage to get client and user info to show that website in a chatter tab. 

Everything works well in Chrome and Firefox nevertheless Internet Explorer gives me an javascript error that is from salesforce I think. See the error :

"presence: onFailure in event parser ={"status":-5,"statusText":""}page load happens value=true "

After that the client and user info is not able to be send to my canvas app so the result is a big fail because I have no information about who is logging in. I guess that error is due to crossdomain in internet explorer.

I opened a ticket on salesforce customer technical service but the only answer I had is to try to check my internet explorer settings, how is that possible?it means that I'll need to say it to all users who download the app from appexchange?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Diego Romera

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

As of now i could not list down any workaround, we are hoping to have IE support very soon. For more details i would suggest you to log a case with support.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Diego,

The Winter ’13 release pilot only supported Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. So far there is no date provided when it will be supported on IE.

Refer: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Webinar_FAQ:_Intro_to_Force.com_Canvas

Diego RomeraDiego Romera

Thanks Vinita!

So your answer means that it's not possible to show my canvas app in explorer, isn't it? By the way, do you know if there is any research about that problem? It's just because I want to upload the app to appexchange so that clients will be able to download it but it's a huge problem if explorer is not supported even though I don't like it as well as I don't usually use it.

Thanks again

Diego Romera Gonzalez

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

As of now i could not list down any workaround, we are hoping to have IE support very soon. For more details i would suggest you to log a case with support.

This was selected as the best answer
Diego RomeraDiego Romera

Hi there,

Understood. I opened a couple of cases but they said it was a problem in iinternet explorer settings, they recommended me to set cookies and so on. Once a read I realized it wasn't a proper answer. You have already gave me a good answer.

Thank you so much

Diego Romera

jhurstjhurst
Diego,

It looks like the above response to your issue was not correct. Canvas is not in Pilot (it is GA on the chatter tab and on VF pages). Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE8 and above are supported.

I cannot really say what the issues is that is causing the error, but it could very well be an issue inside IE (since ie does have many weird issues that do not surface in other browsers).

If you log a case with support (including login access for salesforce support and reproduction steps) and add your case number here, I can take a look.

Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion