function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ThisIsRSNThisIsRSN 

New version of Content pack are not updated automatically on Chatter ?

When I am sharing a content pack on Chatter and updating the content pack after sharing. The link to the content pack is disappearing on chatter saying "The file is no longer available".

However, this is not happening for other content packs. What could be the reason ?
Both content pack are in same library, that means i have same access as per the library. Then whats the issue ?

Info :

For both the content pack i am not the author.

Both packs are in the same Library.

I am workspace adminstrator in the library.

Let me know, if anybody faced same issue.

Thanks in Advance.

RSN

Best Answer chosen by ThisIsRSN
ThisIsRSNThisIsRSN
I am closing this as it was platform issue and resolve by Salesforce itself. (As metioned by Salesforce support person)

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hi,

Please confirm if you are following all the steps provided in below help document:    

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=content_docpack_create.htm&language=en_US

If yes, then is it happening in any specific Org?

ThisIsRSNThisIsRSN

Hi Vinita,

Thanks for reply. But the issue mentioned here occurs in all the orgs. + the info you redirect me too does not cantain any info regarding Sharing on Chatter.

What i can say from my further testing is,

If the author of Content pack updates the content pack then the links remains intact with new version info in the chatter.

However, if any user other than the author change the content pack, then the link disappears from the chatter saying "This file no longer exists". (So why there is exception for one content pack ? (mentioned in the question)

Is this a standard functionality or what ? New version should be automatically available to all the user whenever original content pack is editted.

If this is an standard functionality then why only one content pack for whom i am not the author is automatically updating its version in Chatter. This is wierd :P

ThisIsRSNThisIsRSN
I am closing this as it was platform issue and resolve by Salesforce itself. (As metioned by Salesforce support person)
This was selected as the best answer