function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MelcherMelcher 

Question re: client certificates

In reading  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_om_outboundmessaging_setting_up.htm, in particular the section on Downloading the Salesforce.com Client Certificate, I was wondering if the certificate that is generated by that link is unique to each organization?

Or to put another way, if I'm developing an application that is to be installed by customers, how would I store a certificate that can be used to securely connect to our external server(s)?

Thanks,

Eddy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
chuckmortimorechuckmortimore

Outbound messaging will present the Salesforce.com client cert, if prompted to by your server.    The cert is available in Setup -> Develop - > API 

When using Apex Callouts, you can actually use a per-org cert that can be created with the new "Certificates and Key Management" feature

All Answers

Outbound messaging will present the Salesforce.com client cert, if prompted to by your server.    The cert is available in Setup -> Develop - > API 

When using Apex Callouts, you can actually use a per-org cert that can be created with the new "Certificates and Key Management" feature

This was selected as the best answer
jambu345jambu345

hello all, I want to ask .. whether your company pay you to Salesforce certification exam?What if you failed the certification exam, whether the company will still pay the exam fee or cost is the responsibility of you guys?

Hi jambu345 - you probably want to try a different list.   This discussion is related to SSL certificates and not Salesforce certification.