function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
harry63harry63 

Question reg Roles.profiles.Public Groups....Urgent

I had a question regarding Role,Profiles,public groups. we had different user groups. Each User group has access to all Data/Records in salesforce.But for one user group(10 people), they want to see Data/Records created by that user group(10 people), they dont want to access any other data/records which are not created by their user group(10 people).

Note:They can able to access the  records created by the users with in their group. It means user should able to access their own records and the records created by the other users in their particular group.

Please help me urgent..need sollution to get start of the project.

Thanks in Advance

Harry

BrendanOCBrendanOC

I'm not sure I'm understanding.  You say "Each User group has access to all Data/Records in salesforce."  If that's the case, you can't restrict access to a user who is already granted full access.  The platform security model is cumulative.

If you have one particular user group (let's call it Limited_Users) and you want members of that group to ONLY see records that were created by/owned by other members of the Limited_Users group, you can accomplish this easily through Sharing Rules.

First, make sure that your org-wide sharing model is Private.  If you set it to Public, you can't restrict access. (you can view this under Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings.)

Then, create a Sharing Rule for whatever objects you want to share. (let's say Accounts)

On the Sharing Settings screen, scroll down to the Accounts object and click New.

On the sharing Rule screen, set the rule to:

owned by members of [Public Group] Limited_Users

share with members of [Public Group] Limited_Users

you can then specify whether you want to grant read or read/write access to the group.

Salesforce.com has excellent documentation on Sharing Settings and creating Sharing Rules.  check out this page for detailed instructions:

https://<YOUR INSTANCE>.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=admin_autoshare.htm&section=Security

Hope that helps!

Brendan

BrendanOCBrendanOC

Haven't heard back from you Harry.  Did you solve your problem?