function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jyovasjyovas 

Task visibility Permissioning

We have a requirement to hide task for certain ProfileTypes(Retail) . Retail Profile users can see the accounts but not the tasks created by different profile type users.

We have created a private flag in Task and planning to deny the task details with a VF page based on this flag.so this means they can see it in the related list and not in details of the task. But there is a problem with this solution if the retail users create a report the task details are visible not sure how to hide from report.

Any idea how to implement this ?

Thanks in advance

-John

BrendanOCBrendanOC

I think it depends on what the related object is.  For example, we have 2 Accounts Acme and Zenith.  Each account has a related Task.

If Retail user has access to view the Acme account record but not the Zenith record, they should only see the Acme task when they run a report.  Is your use case that Retail User has access to the Zenith account but you don't want them to see the Zenith Task?  If so, I don't think you can prevent them from seeing it.  You can attempt to hide the Task, but the user would still have security permissions to view the Task.  This would make it visible via the API, Search, or Reports.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.