function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MandyKoolMandyKool 

Client Application Design - API Version 20

Hi,

I was reading the "Client Application Design" section of Web Service API v 20 Chapter 15 of "Web Service API Developers Guide". I noticed one thing that for API v 17 Salesforce has mentioned that "Exercise caution with multi-threaded processes" in which it is described that why you should be cautious while designing your client application with multi-threaded process.

While in Web Service API v 20 they have mentioned "Do not design a multi-threaded client application" - Multi-threading is not allowed for single client application using the SOAP-based API.

Can anybody please explain what "Multi-threading is not allowed for single client application using the SOAP-based API"

means? I just wanted to know what has changed in Version 20 so multi-threading is not allowed? and How?

dkadordkador

Could you post links to the two documents that conflict?

We haven't added anything in version 20.0 that seeks to detect multi-threaded integrations and break them.  However, it's always been risky to have a multi-threaded integration, as lots of nasty errors can pop up.  The latest documentation reflects that.