function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JD1968JD1968 

Consultants - level of access?

We are at the beginning of our Salesforce journey and we have a very small deployment at the moment.  It does have some sensitive commercial in confidence information as custom objects.  We are working with a consultant who has requested System Admin profile so that he can do some new configuration and development work.  I'm reluctant to do this for obvious reasons. Is there a better way of allowing him access to the functionality he needs whilst protecting our data?  i.e. a profile that has the permissions he requires but not access to the custom objects I need to protect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It is not advisable to get the development done in a live org. You can create a configuration only sandbox in your current org and give access to that sandbox. This way data will not be exposed to the consultant. After completion of the development, get it deployed in your current org.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It is not advisable to get the development done in a live org. You can create a configuration only sandbox in your current org and give access to that sandbox. This way data will not be exposed to the consultant. After completion of the development, get it deployed in your current org.

This was selected as the best answer
JD1968JD1968

Thanks that is what we ended up doing. Appreciate your help Pradeep.