function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NRC77NRC77 

Workflow process for Siteforce content publishing

I want to know if is there any way to eshtablish workflow/approval process for content changes in Siteforce. The usecase is like, if a contributor adds or edits contents on the site then the contents should be published on the site only after approval of admin/publisher. I know publisher can set permissions for editing contents for contributor but is there any provision for having a workflow process for those contents.

Any pointers/help will be greatly appreciated.

Sai kalyanSai kalyan

i think It's not possibul

ccoffccoff

I too have this question.  I know you can utilize standard workflow functionality if you utilize repeater functionality via SFDC objects, which would dynamically add content to the page, but internally to Siteforce I don't believe you can.  Howerver, when a publisher needs to publish new content to a site, they will pull up a screen in which shows them all changes made to the "unpublished" site since the last time the site was published and they can pick and choose which changes to publish.  So there is a pseudo approval level as everything has to pass by the publisher before actually being published.  I agree with you that I'd like to see some sort of workflow within Siteforce and if there is I certainly am not aware of it, but I do have a case out with SFDC with this being just one of many questions to be answered...hopefully :).