function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jamesvnzjamesvnz 

Exposing Fields and Objects in Siteforce

I've created a pre-release developer sandbox to test out Winter '12 and have been working with Siteforce.

I'd like to experiment with exposing a Salesforce object (custom or standard) via Siteforce - I attended a demo at Dreamforce that did this exact thing. However, I can't see anyway to do this and the help has no information on this.

Can someone confirm if this feature is not in the current release or am I failing to spot the option somewhere.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AddisonAddison

Hi jamesvnz,

The ability to expose Salesforce objects via Siteforce is a pilot feature in Winter '12.  You could try talking with your sales rep about being on the pilot program for Siteforce.

Addison

All Answers

jamesvnzjamesvnz

To f ollow up, I've found this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chQGu4StQGw

25mins in, he starts adding data repeater elements.

I can't see these on my left hand menu. Can someone suggest why this might be?

charlie_vcharlie_v

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm running into the same issue.  I set up my trial as a Developer account.  Does that make a difference?

AddisonAddison

Hi jamesvnz,

The ability to expose Salesforce objects via Siteforce is a pilot feature in Winter '12.  You could try talking with your sales rep about being on the pilot program for Siteforce.

Addison

This was selected as the best answer
jamesvnzjamesvnz

Hi Addison,

thanks for the reply - that makes sense then. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find the option.

cheers

James

T-Rex76T-Rex76

Addision,

Is there a timetable for this functionality (exposing fields and objects) to be available for all users?  We are in the early stages of building a site for a client and would love to do in siteforce instead of visualforce pages because fo the CMS flexibility.

Rex

AddisonAddison

Hey Rex,

I know that's a highly requested feature, and we plan to make it available in a future release, but I can't guarantee when though.

Addison

sonali_sfdcsonali_sfdc

Under safe harbor, we plan to make this generally available in Spring '12 release.