function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
syussyus 

Is Site.com actually a supported product?

I've had experience before with products that feel like they are on their way to sunsetting and Site.com certainly feels that way. There have been few features added or even bug fixes, there is almost no activity in these forums, the Workbook that was recently published felt like it could have been published two years ago. All of that would be well and good if we weren't paying real money for this product. At one point, I was able to get my emails direct to the product team returned, but that is no longer true. So I ask you, other customers, and the product team - is Site.com a truly supported product that is getting development resources, or should we be planning to migrate to another solution outside the Salesforce/Force world? If the solution is not going to advance, we would be better off on a CMS that is actually being developed and supported and tie our Salesforce data in via API.

Anthony PicaAnthony Pica

This is a good question to ask, thank you for bringing it up. I've had the same thoughts.

I wish the Site.com boards were more active. There used to be a dedicated Site.com forum with some activity, but it's been combined with Force.com Sites.

If you look at Site.com on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, you won't see much activity.

Having said that, I would recommend sticking with Site.com for the time being. If you look at Spring '13 release notes you'll see some improvements, so they are actively working on it. Perhaps they're just not doing a marketing push right now.

syussyus

Anthony,

Thanks for replying. Obviously you can see there were a good number of views on the board, but only your response. I haven't heard anything from anyone at Salesforce outside the board either. 

I want to be clear, I like the product and I don't want it to go away, but I also want our money to be well spent and I want time invested in learning and using the tool to be worth it as well.

Kevin

dhardingdharding

This is a major concern to us. We have yet to go live in Site.Com (due to other delays), but it appears now that the product is being abandoned.

The last thing we want to do is move our entire web presence into the Salesforce universe only to have a major component decomissioned and we're left holding the bag.

With the deletion of the dedicated Site.Com forum and virtually no discussion about the Site.Com product, I have to wonder what is going on?

DarayushDarayush

site.com is a supported product and the decision to combine the site.com forum with Force.com Sites was to encourage cross-pollination of knowledge for this part of the platform and forum consolidation by the community management team.