function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bivhitscarbivhitscar 

'Id value is not valid for the standard controller' error, but the Id works when logged in

I have a site that worked in my dev sandbox and I have now promoted to a full copy sandbox. As salesforce seems unable to add sites settings to a changeset, I've had to recreate the site.

My page works fine if I navigate to it from the sites, using the 'Preview as Admin' link. However, if I try to access the site as a public user, it pops up the authorisation required page. Having followed some instructions at http://www.tgerm.com/2010/10/debugging-sites-authorization-required.html I have managed to see that the actual error is 'Id value a1He00000004ZME is not valid for the Plant_RFI__c standard controller' - however, this is false, as that Id works perfectly when I am logged in.

The public user has full access to the object in question. It also has it's OWD set to public read/write. I am assuming I'm missing something simple, but cannot work out what I've done wrong.

ibtesamibtesam

Have you checked whether "a1He00000004ZME" is a valid Plant_RFI__c Object record id??

If yes, can you post the site URL that you are forming in new instance??