function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
j.themussj.themuss 

Does Force.com sites require a monthly subscription?

Hi Guys,,

I am new to this and am wondering if force.com sites capabilities are included in the Enterprise edition cost or is there a separate subscription required.. or is the sites.com

What are the main differences between force.com sites and sites.com

thanks in advance for any help offered

j.themuss

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Force.com sites are included in Enterprise Edition for no fee - you can have up to 25 of these.  You'll have to build the site from scratch using Visualforce pages and Apex controllers if you need business logic.  Essentially Salesforce acts as your web server here.

Site.com is not included - you have to pay a separate subscription for this and it was quite expensive last I heard.  Site.com allows you to build web sites using a drag and drop interface and also has content management capabilities - its really aimed at allowing people to build web sites without technical skills. 

The integration with your data is tighter in Force.com sites as well, as you are in Apex world.  Site.com is getting there, but its still some way behind,

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Force.com sites are included in Enterprise Edition for no fee - you can have up to 25 of these.  You'll have to build the site from scratch using Visualforce pages and Apex controllers if you need business logic.  Essentially Salesforce acts as your web server here.

Site.com is not included - you have to pay a separate subscription for this and it was quite expensive last I heard.  Site.com allows you to build web sites using a drag and drop interface and also has content management capabilities - its really aimed at allowing people to build web sites without technical skills. 

The integration with your data is tighter in Force.com sites as well, as you are in Apex world.  Site.com is getting there, but its still some way behind,

This was selected as the best answer
j.themussj.themuss

Thanks Bob..

That really helps me with my plans.

really appreciate your time in compiling the reply....

j,themuss