function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emmanuel CoronaEmmanuel Corona 

Order items by columns

Greetings!

I have a vfp web to lead, and i would like to order the fields in one column, in another add some videos but i'm not able to do that, someone can help me??? i'll really appreciate your help

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Solicitud de Información" collapsible="true" columns="1" >         

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.FirstName}" label="Nombre (s)" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.LastName}" label="Apellido (s)" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Email}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Phone}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Company}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>

<apex:iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qd8OtvSgal8"/>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
What problem are you encountering?

I have a visualforce page web to lead, here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" extensions="myWeb2LeadExtension,reCAPTCHA" title="Interesado en Contratar Servicios de MCM" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="true">
    <apex:composition template="{!$Site.Template}">
        <apex:define name="body">
            <apex:form >
                <apex:messages id="error" styleClass="errorMsg" layout="table" style="margin-top:1em; background-color: #FF9300" />
                <apex:pageBlock title="" mode="edit" id="sider2_header" >
                    <apex:pageBlockButtons rendered="{!(verified)}">
                        <apex:commandButton value="Enviar" action="{!saveLead}" />
                    </apex:pageBlockButtons>
                    <apex:pageBlockSection title="Solicitud de Información" collapsible="true" columns="1"  >         

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.FirstName}" label="Nombre (s)" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.LastName}" label="Apellido (s)" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Email}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Phone}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Company}" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.NumberOfEmployees}" Label="Número Aproximado de Empleados" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Industry}" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input" />
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Street}" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.City}" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.State}" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.PostalCode}" style="width: 200px; height: aut; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.ProductoInteres__c}" style="width: Auto; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.ProveedoresVozActual__c}" label="Proveedor Actual de Voz" style="width: Auto; height: auto;background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.ProveedoresDatosActual__c}" label="Proveedor Actual de Datos" style="width: Auto; height: auto;background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input" />
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Description}" Label="Comentarios" style="width: 200px; height: 1000; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>                    

<!-- Show the reCAPTCHA form if they are not yet verified -->
                        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{! NOT(verified)}">
                            <!-- reCAPTCHA verification
                            Source: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display -->
                            <script type="text/javascript"
                            src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k={!publicKey}">
                            </script>
                            <noscript>
                            <iframe src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k={!publicKey}"
                            height="300" width="500" frameborder="0"></iframe><br/>
                            <textarea name="recaptcha_challenge_field" rows="3" cols="40"></textarea>
                            <input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field"
                            value="manual_challenge"/>
                            </noscript>
                            <!-- end reCAPTCHA verification -->
                        </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
                        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                            <apex:commandButton action="{!verify}"
                            value="Verificar Código" rendered="{! NOT(verified)}"/>
                            <!-- Otherwise, they are verified, show a confirmation message -->
                        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!verified}">
                        <p>El código es correcto, presione Enviar</p>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
                </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
            </apex:define>
    </apex:composition>
</apex:page>

What i'm not able to do is, in one column i wanna put all the fields and in another column add some youtube videos

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I understand that your page is not behaving as you expect - what problem are you seeing?

Well i'm not an expert with the coding, but i would like to know is what i'm missing or what i need to do to group the thing in columns

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I understand that.  However, you are posting a ton of code and not telling us what is going wrong.  Can you tell us what problem you are seeing - is the table not appearing, layout is wrong etc.

That's my original code the form is working, in that page i have only one column, my question is, what i need to change in that code to get what i'm looking, the 2 columns with the fields and videos

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You'll need to change your pageblocksection to have 2 columns, and then in the body you'll need to alternate between input fields and videos.  Something like:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Solicitud de Información" collapsible="true" columns="2"  >         
   <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.FirstName}" label="Nombre (s)" required="True" style="width: 200px; height: auto; background-color:  #E0FFFF" styleclass="input"/>
   <apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
      <apex:label value="Video 1" />
      <!-- markup to include video goes here -->

Thank you Bob! let me try it and i'll post the result, i really appreciate your help!!!

Hello Bob!  I change the code like this

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Solicitud de Información" collapsible="true" columns="2"  >         
                    <apex:iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qd8OtvSgal8"/>
my page looks like this now... the labels for the fields are missing and now i have fields in both columns.... what i'm doing wrong???

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Don't put the inputfield inside an apex:pageblocksectionitem - that is why the label has been lost.

The video doesn't have a label - you've just put an iframe in there.

Check my code above - the inputfield is a child of the pageblocksection and I've specified an apex:outputLabel before the video markup.

Ok Bob!

I put in this way

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Solicitud de Información" collapsible="true" columns="2"  > 

all my input fields

<apex:outputLabel value="Video 1" />

the video

But yes, i have my now the two columns, in both are the fields and the video, if i put the code like this

input field

<apex:outputLabel value="Video 1" />

the video

input field

<apex:outputLabel value="Video 2" />

the video

I get the fields in one column and the videos in the second column... but the space between the fields  will depend now of the video size, how can i fix the space between fields????

Any ideas??? thank you guys!!!