function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JackShepardJackShepard 

is it possible to associate a contact with a company name?

Hi there,

I have 2 questions:

1. When I am editing a contact, I would like to indicate the name of the company the contact is from but I can't find a "company" field in the edit panel

2. Is there a company field available in the API contact object?

I can't find a field to relate with a company name here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_contact.htm

Many thanks for your help

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi,

I believe, that you are trying to edit a contact which is already associated to another account.

May be the Account Name field in the contact detail page might be having Lookup Filter Criteria.

Possible solution,

Check if the Account Name field in contact Object carries any Lookup Filter and proceed accordingly.

My suggesstion would be, goto the Account Detail page and click on the "Contacts" related list on the top and create a new contact.

Please mark this post as solved, if it helps you.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

All Answers

JackShepardJackShepard

nevermin, the company name field is "Account name"

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi,

I believe, that you are trying to edit a contact which is already associated to another account.

May be the Account Name field in the contact detail page might be having Lookup Filter Criteria.

Possible solution,

Check if the Account Name field in contact Object carries any Lookup Filter and proceed accordingly.

My suggesstion would be, goto the Account Detail page and click on the "Contacts" related list on the top and create a new contact.

Please mark this post as solved, if it helps you.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

This was selected as the best answer