function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mkaufmanmkaufman 

All of a sudden getting org.xml.sax.SAXParseException during Delegated Authentication Single Sign-On

We've had a fully working single sign-on from Google Apps to Salesforce for months.  This morning all of our users could not login.  The delgated authentication error history shows the following error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

We have not changed anything in our sso code that could cause this.  A search online indicates this may be a java issue.  Does anyone know if Salesforce recently got a java upgrade?

SuperfellSuperfell

Have you confirmed that the endpoint is still accessible via the internet, perhaps some kind of firewall or proxy change is causing the saleforce server to see an error page rather than the results from your DA endpoint.

mkaufmanmkaufman

Yes, the endpoint is still accessible.  It was working fine yesterday and we have literally not changed anything in a while.

SuperfellSuperfell

You should log a case with support, I'm not aware of anyone else having problems with DA currently that would indicate a salesforce issue.

SuperfellSuperfell

Can you tell from your DA server if the authentication requests are making it to your server ?

mkaufmanmkaufman

Yes, messages are still being sent and received, but for some reason, Salesforce is now reading the response from our web service as if it is incomplete.

mkaufmanmkaufman

UPDATE, it used to be that when we made a POST to  login.salesforce.com, the response would include a body.  It appears that it no longer does.  I still get back a 302 status code, but no body.  It was in that body that we would get our login endpoint and session Id.  Does anyone know if a change has been rolled out to the login.salesforce.com page?

mkaufmanmkaufman

UPDATE: The Header of the response from that POST includes a "Location" which has the Login URL and SessionID.

I know that we're near a new release, and that new features are rolled-up internally first, but it would be great if this type of change occurred with the release or at least if we were notified.  It would not be that hard to check the data warehouse for orgs that are posting to login.salesforce.com.