function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ApoorvApoorv 

Your Name > Setup > Develop > Remote Access is redirecting to apps page why?

i am trying to create a new remote access as per the intergration_workbook.pdf can any body tell me why the remote access page is redirecting to apps page,
and remote access page is not showing new button to create new remote access for an application 
please hlp me
thanking u for ur assistance

Mohith Kumar ShrivastavaMohith Kumar Shrivastava

Salesforce has launched a new pilot feature called coonected apps .

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Connected_Apps

Here is the guide .You can set up remote access in that app page via connected apps .Make sure you know the feature of publish .Administarator has more controle using connected app feature .

mattmahmattmah

I am having similar issues.  I am following the integration workbook and upon getting to the Remote Acess section the tutorial falls apart.

I understand Remote Access has been moved to Connected Apps in the development edition.  I can piece together how the tutorial should be updated to use Connected Apps instead of Remote Access.  However, when I try to create a new app I am getting this error:

Name: The Application API Name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.

The name is simply Buyer Client.  I have set my orgs prefix.  Why is this error getting thrown and how can I move forward?

mattmahmattmah
I realize Buyer Client has a space in it. I've tried all sorts of different combinations without a space and I still receive this error.
mattmahmattmah
Only because I am a ninja and have the powers to deduce others limitations I have figured this one out.

There is a required field called Developer Name. I assumed this meant the name of the person developing the connected app. I put my first and last name separated by a space. I changed this field to not include any spaces and was able to successfully create the connected app.

Unless I'm totally missing something I think this is a bug and should be fixed, no?
S'harienS'harien

Great work figuring out how to get around that error, I was getting rather frustrated until I saw your post.