function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Again AgainAgain Again 

Cannot get to the Eclipse install instructions on wiki

Allow me to vent for a moment ... I need to hook up my eclipse install with my Salesforce s-controls again, because I had to reinstall.

I search around. Finally I locate the instructions (or what I think will be the instructions), but they are now on the ADN wiki - password protected. I am asked to log in (and why must I log into different sites with my salesforce login and password. This doesn't feel secure). I gives an error when I try to log in:

Database errorA database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'System Admin (Again Again)' for key 2 (localhost)".

I cannot register with another account because it already has my email address registered.

Deadline or no deadline, I can't seem to get to this information. Why is the eclipse install instructions hidden in a password protected area? Why must I compromise my org's salesforce login? Why (sob, sob, sob) is such a simple task so very very frustrating??
RogerHandRogerHand
Can't answer any of your more burning questions, but here's a quick paste of the instructions from the wiki page you can't get to:

Ensure you are running the latest version of a Java SDK or Java runtime (1.5 / JSE 5 or later). You can download Java from the the Java website.
Get eclipse 3.2.2 (download from Eclipse)
Launch Eclipse, click on Help | SoftwareUpdates | Find and Install.
Click on search for new features, click Next
At the “Update sites to visit, make sure “Automatically select mirrors” is selected. This is important.
Add a new remote site called Apex with http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/e3.2s as the URL
Make sure Callisto Discovery Site and the above site are selected, as shown in the image here
Click Finish.
In the following dialog, select the Apex Toolkit and then click “Select Required”, Eclipse should then automatically select for you the following: “Graphical Editing Framework”, “Visual Editor”, “Eclipse Modeling Framework”, “XSD Schema”, and #Web Standard Tools (WST). The resulting dialog should look like this
Click next, then accept the terms, and click next again
Click finish and presto, you’ve got the plugin installed
Troubleshooting tip: If you stall out while trying to download the package, try a different mirror. You may need to try several different before you find one that will work.

Good luck!

Again AgainAgain Again
Thanks so much - that's exactly what I needed - the remote site address.

I appreciate that you took the time to help me out!