function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
App_Dev1App_Dev1 

Problem using Ajax Tools 0.6 with pre release of winter 07

When I attempt to deploy Ajax Tools to our prerelease of winter 07 (endpoint=https://prerelwww.pre.salesforce.com ) I get the following types of errors (much longer list).  How can I fix/get around this?

[SForce.WS][Main.createNewScontrol:346]Creating new SControl 'ajax_tools'
Replace :ajaxtools/loading.html: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/rtsh.css: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/rtsh_script.js: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/samples.html: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/debugshell.html: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/explorer.html: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/editor_script.js: with null
Replace :ajaxtools/loading.html: with null
[SForce.WS][Main.createNewScontrol:356]Failed to create scontrol ajax_tools due
to [Error  fields='null'
 message='The S-Control Name must contain only alphanumeric characters, begin wi
th a letter, and be unique.: DeveloperName'
 statusCode='FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION'
]

[SForce.WS][Main.createNewScontrol:346]Creating new SControl 'ajax_tools_tab'
Replace :ajax_tools: with null
[SForce.WS][Main.createNewScontrol:356]Failed to create scontrol ajax_tools_tab
due to [Error  fields='null'
 message='The S-Control Name must contain only alphanumeric characters, begin wi
th a letter, and be unique.: DeveloperName'
 statusCode='FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION'
]

cheenathcheenath
My bad, deployer.jar was not setting DeveloperName for a new SControl.  I just fixed this.
Please download ajax-tools-0.6.zip file again.

Thanks,
cheenathcheenath
You can now install Ajax Tools from AppExchange.
Here is the link to the latest version of ajax tools.
hemmhemm
I am using the new version of Ajax Tools 1.0.2 and I get the same error:

Create new failed {errors:{fields:null, message:'The S-Control Name must contain only alphanumeric characters, begin with a letter, and be unique.: DeveloperName', statusCode:'FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION', }, id:null, success:'false', }

In fact, I normally use Eclipse, but was getting the same error whenever I tried to save a new s-Control.  I tried creating the s-Control in Salesforce first and editing it in Eclipse/Ajax Tools, same error.  I tried creating it in Eclipse/Ajax Tools, same error.

I am on Ajax Tools version 1.0.2 and the Eclipse Apex toolkit v8.0.2002, which I just updated to to see if that would fix it.

I am able to edit old s-Controls, though, without issue.  There is something not getting set properly for new s-Controls.  Any ideas?  Do these 2 tools depend on certain data being set correctly in the org?
hemmhemm
I figured something out.  I was naming my s-control something like "s control name mm-dd-yyyy".  That was the label value and the name put _ wherever there was a space.  For some reason, neither Eclipse or AJAX Tools like that.  If I named is "sControlNamemmddyyy", all is fine.  I'll just stick with the new naming.

I think the problem has something to do the "Name" of the s_Control vs. the "Label" of the s-Control and its triggering an error in both sets of code.

I am set for now.