function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarkcmark 

is it possible to update a record in Professional? (URLFOR?)

Hello.  I want to update a single value in a record with an scontrol in Professional Edition.  I know of no way to do this.  Are there any options?  Will anything in URLFOR allow me to do this?  With the URL, I know I can produce the Edit view and populate the appropriate field, but I'd like to skip that and save the record.
thanks
chris
BRupholdtBRupholdt
You most certainly can.  Using the URLFOR method, you can specify the field name, value pair for the field you wish to edit and add ",save=1" to the end of the parameter list.  This way the page will go to the edit cycle then automatically save without the need for user interaction. 

This is an example of an s-control called by a custom button.

{!URLFOR( $Action.Opportunity.Edit , Opportunity.Id ,[retURL=URLFOR( $Action.Opportunity.View , Opportunity.Id ),opp11="Released",save=1] )}

In this case, opp11 is the field name for the Opportunity Stage.  One caveat, if there is a validation error on the new data, then the edit page will be shown with the updates applied and the same error as would have appeared the user entered the data manually.