function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Orn IngvarOrn Ingvar 

Decision based on dropdown list and choices not working

I've gone through the VPM implementation guide and gotten the examples from that to work correctly but when I try to create a dropdown list with two values and use those values in a decision it always returns me to the same screen no matter what I select from the dropdown. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious but all the examples I can find use radio buttons with was selected and true/false globals.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RajaramRajaram

let me understand your issue.

You have a Screen choice Field "myChoice" with 2 choices Choice 1 and Choice 2

If you are trying to see is the user selected Choice 1, you have 2 options

You can use the "was Selected" operator, so its Choice 1 was selected true

Or you can use the "Stored Value" as WIll suggested, you can use

myChoice equals 10 where 10 is the "Stored value" of Choice 1

All Answers

Will_SladeWill_Slade

Hello Orn,

When you create your choices, are you entering anything in the "Stored Value" field?  I had this same issue and it was because I was leaving that field blank.

Orn IngvarOrn Ingvar

Hi Will,

I tried that. In my decision I set the dropdown field and then equals the stored value with AND condition and no other criteria. It still just returns me to the same screen no matter what I choose. I guess its time to contact support. Thanks for the suggestion.

RajaramRajaram

let me understand your issue.

You have a Screen choice Field "myChoice" with 2 choices Choice 1 and Choice 2

If you are trying to see is the user selected Choice 1, you have 2 options

You can use the "was Selected" operator, so its Choice 1 was selected true

Or you can use the "Stored Value" as WIll suggested, you can use

myChoice equals 10 where 10 is the "Stored value" of Choice 1

This was selected as the best answer
Orn IngvarOrn Ingvar

I have a choice field with Choice Type as Dropdown List. In my choice settings I have two choices with Value Data Type : Text and stored values of NS and TE.

In my decision I check if the choice field (called IP_subscription_field) equals NS for one outcome and the other outcome if the choice field equals TE. When I run the flow and select the choice with stored value NS I get redirected to the screen that was supposed to come if I had selected TE.

I do not get an option for "was selected" probably because the values are text and not boolean.

Orn IngvarOrn Ingvar

By changing the decision so that I'm no longer checking the value of the dropdown field but checking if myChoice1 was selected is true I was able to get this to work.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction!