function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nonprofit_ITNonprofit_IT 

Error in running a flow - unhandled fault

I finished one leg of a three part flow (as in the main branch of my flow can go in three difference scenario directions), and I ran it to make sure it was working and I got this error.

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Donation_Entry/301U00000004D8G exception by user/organization: 00DU0000000KvuU/{4}

interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.Individual_Donation_Entry

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 769132756-8787 (1051072277)

It occurs right before my record lookup when I run the flow. 

What I'm trying to do is automate my donation entry system. I'm using Nonprofit version of EE. 
1st screen and decision finds out if the contact is an individual, business or church. 
2nd screen collects known information on idividual.
Then I get error right at record lookup. Below are images of flow and first few features. 

Chris JohnChris John

From the error, it looks like the issue is with the Individual Donation Entry record create element.

Could you check which fields you are populating in that element (and the data types), also if any required fields are missing.

If the issue is still occuring, could you provide the latest Salesforce Error ID?

Finally, you can add a Fault Path on the 'Individual Donation Entry' element. I.e. create a link to another Screen from the 'Individual Donation Entry' (this will show a link with the word FAULT). In this screen you can display the System variable $Flow.FaultMessage, which may give more info. Either way, this is a good practice when dealing with Data operations.

HTH

-cj

RajaramRajaram

Looks like you are creating a record in salesforce, but are passing a null value when the database expects a not-null value.

Check the "Individual_Donation_Entry" element and make sure the values are all not-null at run-time.

Nonprofit_ITNonprofit_IT

Thanks so much for suggestions. I downloaded the desktop flow builder, and was able to build my flow with no problems.