function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
markross__cmarkross__c 

Buttons Intermittently Disappearing!

missing buttons

This is a snapshot of the first page of the new visual workflow I have recently deployed to production. As you can see, it has no buttons. No "Next", no "Finish", no nothin'.

If I hit refresh, however, there is a 75% chance the buttons will appear. (All percent chances in this post are estimates.) There is a 50% chance the buttons will appear or not appear on ALL pages in my visual workflow. I cannot find any consistant reason for this. I have tried different users, different profiles, different browsers. It is relatively unpredictable on the same computer, with only seconds between attempts, and have been able to reproduce it on multiple computers. It truly seems to be random! Does anyone know what is going on here? I'd hate to have to tell my 280+ users that if they get no buttons they just have to keep hitting Refresh until they come up!

I can provide any requested information on my visual workflow if needed.

jordanmjordanm

I can confirm that this happened to me today too.

I never experienced this problem in the winter '12 release when the cloud flow designer was in beta, so I'm going to guess that this is a bug that made its way in with the newest release.

RajaramRajaram

We are working on this as of now. WIll keep u posted on updates

markross__cmarkross__c

Thank you Rajaram!

jordanmjordanm

Was this hotfixed? I haven't gotten this error in a while, I used to get it every couple of clicks before.

markross__cmarkross__c

I'm seeing the same thing, jordanm...

jordanmjordanm

You mean that you're still seeing the same problem, or that you're not running into the error anymore too?

markross__cmarkross__c

I am also not running into the error anymore. :smileylol:

RajaramRajaram

Glad to know what you are not experiencing this anymore. We rolled out a fix for this. Thanks for the feedback.

CharlieSCharlieS

I am still seeing this problem

RajaramRajaram

Charlie,

We want to know more information about this.

Are you experiencing this consitently? When was the last time you saw it? Can you reproduce this at all?

So, I would appreciate it if  you can contact support and create a case. Let me know the case number and I will follow up with support.

Thanks!

RajaramRajaram

Charlie,

One more favor. If and when you get it again, please do not close the window. Can you please save the page as HTML and send it to support?

Appreciate it.

Raja

CharlieSCharlieS

case : 07427853,

and yes, I will save the page and send to you (it will be tomorrow - I am UK based and it is 6pm so most users have gone home)

RajaramRajaram

Got it and thank you. We will look in to it...

CharlieSCharlieS

It appears that we are now not seeing this problem any more....  Have you patched something since last week ?  It is very good news if that is the case, but I would like to know for sure.  Any information would be very welcome

CharlieSCharlieS

nope..... it's still happening

:-(

jordanmjordanm

After the hotfix this didn't happen to me at all. Hundreds and hundreds of clicks. Today it is happening all the time in multiple browsers on multiple computers.

Case: 07568319

jordanmjordanm

Sandbox server I use was updated a few hours ago, the problem seems to be resolved in it. I hope it stays that way!