function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Virtuoso123Virtuoso123 

Unable to update picklist fields via Visual Workflow

I have a simple flow to create a Case record in Salesforce. I have Status and Priority fields(dropdown) on Screen element and have mapped these to the corresponding Case fields on Record Create Element.

However, my case is getting created but the picklist fields are not getting updated with the selected dropdown values. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Also I'm looking up Contact details and saving the Contact ID in a variable. I'm trying to use this variable for ContactId lookup on Case while creating the case. However, even the Contact on Case is not getting populated. Could someone please guide me?

markross__cmarkross__c

Could you post a screenshot of your flow thus far?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that visual workflow doesn't play nice with updating lookup fields, like the Contact, but I have not attempted it personally to know for certain one way or another. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Sfdc profSfdc prof

Hi,

I am not sure about updating Lookup fields will need your screenshots to  checkout this but yes to update picklist field, create a dynamic choices which will fetch the actual picklist values from SFDC.

RajaramRajaram

Make sure your choices have a "Strored Value". When working with choices for database operations or calculations or assignments the "Stored Value" will be used.

Check out the blog about working with choices to get a bit more insight on them: