function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChopkinsChopkins 

Flow Designer - bug with Dynamic Choices for Multipicklist fields?

Hi all,

I have a multipicklist field called that has 2 possible values:

Sales

Support

When using Flow and setting up a dynamic choice to pull:

AccountId equals {!v_AccountID}  (this works) and

Contact_Type_c contains Support  (this is not working)

It works if I set Contact_Type_c EQUALS Support - that pulls any records whose Contact_Type_c multipicklist value is "Support" but the "contains" doesn't find any records.  It doesn't find those that only have "Support" and it doesn't find those that have a value of "Sales; Support".

Anyone else have this problem?

Chopkins

markross__cmarkross__c

Is this Desktop or Cloud Flow Designer?

Your best bet may be to log a Salesforce support ticket if it seems like just an outright bug.

jordanmjordanm

I remember running into something similar, but it wasn't specifically that CONTAINS doesn't work, it was that I was trying to combine CONTAINS with another condition and although each condition ON ITS OWN worked properly, when combined they would not.

Can you try just a contains construction search as the only criteria and see if that works?

ChopkinsChopkins

I'm using the Cloud Flow Designer.

I did find a solution but it's limitedl

AccountId equals {!v_AccountID} 

Contact_Type_c equals Support 

Contact_Type_c equals Sales;Support 

This picked up all of the contacts that I needed - it's limited because my multipicklist only has a few options so it was easy to account for all scenarios where "Support" would appear.  But, it works for now and I'm going to head on to the next challenge...

Wonder if it's worth going to the legacy designer....I don't know how robust that is compared to the Cloud?

markross__cmarkross__c

The legacy Desktop Flow Designer is a lot more robust in places, like the ability to send emails. It's a shame, because I'd much prefer to stay in the Cloud...

RajaramRajaram

This is a really interesting thread and the limitaiton is the way SOQL exposes the where clause when dealing with multi select picklists.

When operating in SOQL, you need to use IN or INCLUDES in the where clause, where as the contains filter in the desinger maps to "LIKE" in SOQL which is not supported when quering multi-select picklists.

Your workaround seems like the only workaround. I will add the "IN" operator as something to add to the designer.

Gerry_MarlettaGerry_Marletta

Yes, I too am running into the same issue, only we have more values in the field available, so your workaround is a bit daunting.  Any new developments on this?