function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDummySFDummy 

visual Workflow for field update

Hello

can I use Visual Workflow for field update? (instead of workflow rule field update)

I have a formula field on Product object (product2). But users are not able to search from Account lookup for multiple filters? I am planning on changing to TEXT field and use workflow to update the field.  

Here is the scenario

Product2

Detail1__c (Picklist)  - sample value - 2000

Detail2__c (pick list)  sample value  Family or child

Detail3__c (picklist)   sample value - 0 or 1500

Product_details__C (formula)

TEXT(Detail1__c) + 'Maximum ' +  IF( Text(Detail3__c) !='0' , (', '+TEXT(Detail3__c ) + ' Ortho ' + Text(Detail3__c) + ' Max ' ), NULL)  

result value for product_details__C

2000 Maximum, 1500 Family Ortho

I am looking for suggestion on how I can keep Product_details__c updated properly and make it global searchable?

Thanks for you time.

markross__cmarkross__c

Visual Workflow can absolutely update a field, but the main thing to remember is that it is very different than regular workflow, despite its name. Visual Workflow is not truly automatic, as regular workflow is. It can only be set off from a URL, custom link, or custom button. If you're looking for something to automatically update a field when something else changes, Visual Workflow won't be the tool to use.

RajaramRajaram

We are working on the ability to call a flow from a workflow action now, when that becomes available, you will be able to do a lot more logic only stuff in flow. Until then you have to use field updates/apex.