function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kiranmutturukiranmutturu 

Flow from Account detail page

i have a flow on account detail page.. it will be intiated via button click from the detailed page....in that flow i have some picklist values defaulted to values called "Yes". I selected "No" from the drop down and updating the record in the flow and completed the process.  Later I opened the flow from the detail page still it is showing the default value but not the value from the current record.. help me out in this?

markross__cmarkross__c

Kiran,

This is unfortunately just the way Visual Workflow works. It does not read existing records and fields before presenting questions based on those fields. There is no way to set a default to be a variable, either, so at this time, this is just not possible. When loading a flow, it will ALWAYS load the flow as if it were fresh with the fields as they were set to be defaulted.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

so it is not possible to get a current picklist value from the current record and show it on the flow screen choice as a defauly value.. is that what you are trying to say or not?

RKDTRKDT

What you can do is have the default value be choice with a varialable as the lable that with a stored value of a variable that pulls in the value from the record and then sets the variable through your button code. This does mean that if the variable is blank than the default is blank but there is still the drop down for yes and no.

You can make a desicion based on the variable to bring them to a screen with Yes as the default or the Variable as the default

RKDTRKDT

Have more pics but too large to post

markross__cmarkross__c

That's pretty wild... How would that work with Stored Values, though? Stored Value is not a rich text field, and I was under the impression (from the documentation) that Stored Values are required in Choices in the Cloud Flow Designer. Would it work if you copy-pasted the variable code into the Stored Value field? 

RKDTRKDT

Sent you pics. You set the stored value to the variable name.

RajaramRajaram

Stored value is NOT a required field for choices in the Cloud Flow Designer.

markross__cmarkross__c

Thanks for the clarification on that, Rajaram. That's great to know! I went back and re-read the documentation and I had completely misread it. Doofus move on my part.

DoubleTDoubleT
Hey RKDT,

May I have a copy of those screen shots too? This may help me create a "headless" flow that is launched from a button with variables from the exiting record passed to the flow from the button on that record.