function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ed_IngberEd_Ingber 

Unhandled fault with user other than System Administrator

I'm updating a record from Visual Workflow. Works okay logged in as System Administrator, but get the following error (to my email address) when logged in as another user with a different profile. The profile permissions make the Interface object CRUDable by that other user.

Thanks,

Ed

Encountered unhandled fault when running process GP3_FLOW_9_1_12/301d0000000L1ex exception by user/organization: 00Dd0000000cDCu/{4}

interaction.dal.exception.DALExecutionFault: ; nested exception is: 
common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'Interface__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
(There was a problem executing your command.) > CREATE

caused by element : Data update.Create_Interface_Record

caused by: interaction.dal.exception.DALExecutionFault: ; nested exception is: 
common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'Interface__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
(There was a problem executing your command.) > CREATE

Salesforce Error ID: 1949644703-1276 (30292538)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ed_IngberEd_Ingber

Solved by Salesforce Support and I learned something new. As yet another dimension of the security model (not generally included in securty model discussions) is the "Deployed" vs. "In Development" status of an object. Generally when I create a new object, I leave it in the default Deployed status. But this object was originally created by a colleague, and was set to In Development. So Users assigned other Profies couldn't see the object, and when trying to create a new record using Visual Workflow, got an Unhandled Fault. Putting object into Deployed status fixed it. Thanks Salesforce Support!

All Answers

RajaramRajaram

Visual workflow runs with the security settings of the currrent user. Make sure the user has CRUD and FLS access to the object/fields.

Ed_IngberEd_Ingber

Okay, but I enabled all the permissions for that profile - administrative and user permissions, object permissions, org-wide default, field-level - even putting all the fields on the page layout to be sure they're read/write. It's possible I've missed something, but I'll try to get another Salesforce license so I can clone the System Administrator profile.

Ed_IngberEd_Ingber

Solved by Salesforce Support and I learned something new. As yet another dimension of the security model (not generally included in securty model discussions) is the "Deployed" vs. "In Development" status of an object. Generally when I create a new object, I leave it in the default Deployed status. But this object was originally created by a colleague, and was set to In Development. So Users assigned other Profies couldn't see the object, and when trying to create a new record using Visual Workflow, got an Unhandled Fault. Putting object into Deployed status fixed it. Thanks Salesforce Support!

This was selected as the best answer