function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer 

Assign case using active assignment rules with Visual Workflow

I'm using flows to create a case, and I want to know if there is a way to have it specify a TRUE for it to use the assignments rules when the case is created.  I don't just want to make that the default choice, because once the case is accepted by a user from the queue, I don't want it to reassign the case to the queue.

Any and all insights are welcome.  Thanks!

Jeff Bloomer

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer

Thanks. What I've decided to do is just use workflows to change the assignment after the case has been created. Too bad it can't all be encapsulated in the flow itself. 

All Answers

markross__cmarkross__c

My answer would be a tentative 'no', in terms of using the already existing assignment rules. It may be possible with an APEX plugin or a specialized Visualforce tag, but even then I cannot say. I know it is not possible with the standard VWF toolset, as it is not a field.

Your alternative may be to recreate the assignment rules in the flow, possibly in a subflow. Unfortunately, that would mean that whenever you change an assignment rule, you'd have to change it in two places: the assignment rule itself, and the subflow.

Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer

Thanks. What I've decided to do is just use workflows to change the assignment after the case has been created. Too bad it can't all be encapsulated in the flow itself. 

This was selected as the best answer
TAPSFDCYYCTAPSFDCYYC

Can you share how you used a Workflow Rule to trigger the "Assign using active assignment rule"?

Thanks

TP

markross__cmarkross__c

I believe regular workflow automatically triggers "Assign using active assignment rule". I know I've seen our workflow triggering those assignment rules before.

Jeff BloomerJeff Bloomer

I didn't use the Workflow to trigger active assignment rules, I actually just created a workflow that changed the assignment.  This meant that I had to create 15 workflow rules.  If Salesforce would make that checkbox a field, it would take 15 workflows and reduce it to one step in a flow.

afoxmicroedgeafoxmicroedge

Does anybody know if this could be done through an Apex plugin? I have 35 assignment rules I don't want to duplicate as workflow rules.