function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TAPSFDCYYCTAPSFDCYYC 

Request Account Ownership Flow

We have pre-populated our SFDC org with 400,000 account records from a third party source.  We assigned these accounts to a default user ID called "Is Available For You".  When a sales rep searches our SFDC database for a certain account and determines they want to own an account I would like to create a Flow for them to request that account.  If the account is currently owned by "Is Available For You" I would like the transfer to happen automatically during the flow process.  If the Account is owned by another user in the system I would like the Flow to trigger an email to our Admin team.  I'm able to do the above with one exception.  The running user does not have the right to assign away Accounts from other people in the system.  So, my question is:  Can a Flow be configured to allow flow users this privilege during the flow execution?

Thanks in advance.

TP

markross__cmarkross__c

My general understanding is that Flows follow permissions, and there is no built-in way of superceding that. However, APEX can get around those kinds of restrictions, so you could write an AJAX class that could be run as an APEX plug-in inside the flow.