function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gary_drgary_dr 

Flow previous button caching issue?

I have a dynamic radio button item list that displays the Names from the Contact object with a stored value of Id.

The next step retrieves the Contact detail based on the passed Id value and stored in variables.

The next step displays the detail screen where the Contact details are shown in textbox fields via variables.

This is working fine up to this point.

Now when I press the Previous button and select a different Contact from the radio button list. The detail screen is still displaying the first item that I have selected.

It seems that it's caching the the values from the first selection, is there anyway to resolve this? Thanks.

RajaramRajaram

This is the default behavior and designed to mimic classic browser behavior. However, we do have the requirement in the roadmap to make this more customizable.

Ed SmithEd Smith

Unfortunately this behaviour renders the flow designer pretty useless for record creation and update in any situation where you want a default value (like the current data in the field).

I have started a project and hit a massive brick wall because of this issue - can someone at SF PLEASE fix this because as it stands, the Flow Designer is falling short of full usability.

thanks

Ed

Ed SmithEd Smith

Although I have just discovered subflows and this may provide the answer.....I will post back my findings.