function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
craskulineczcraskulinecz 

Customizing the Error Message on required fields in a flow

Is there a way to customize the error message when a field is required on an input screen in a flow? I'm not seeing it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I know you can add a custom error message if the validation rule for the field but that won't work in my case because if the field is required and left blank, the validation rule won't even run.

I guess I could do it all with a validation rule, but then I can't have it show the red bar to indicate that the field is required. The other issue is that I'd want a different message for blank vs. an invalid input such as numbers in a name field.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

RajaramRajaram

What you really want is to have multiple validatoin rules each with differen error message. Something to think about indeed - concerns are around complexity of creating them, the ordering and also performance. 

craskulineczcraskulinecz

I could see an interface similar to lead assignment rules where you can number them to re-order them and then the rules are parsed in numerical order. If it passes rule 1 and 2 and then errors out on rule 3, it throws the error and doesn't continue through the validation rules. In terms of performance, it could be limited to 5 rules. I wouldn't want any less capability in defining the rule and error message than there is today, just 1 extra field for ordering and then multiple rules.

The one real key issue for me at the moment though is that when I check that the field is required, I'd like to be able to customize that error message that displays when the field is not filled in and the perons tries to move forward in the flow.

RajaramRajaram

Great.. thanks for the input. I will add it to the backlog!

craskulineczcraskulinecz

Rajaram,

Thanks for adding that to the backlog.

I did edit my previous post right before you posted and mentioned that the one real key issue for me at the moment though is that when I check that the field is required, I'd like to be able to customize that error message that displays when the field is not filled in and the perons tries to move forward in the flow.