function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ckahlckahl 

Multi Select Dynamic Choices

I just now found out that a multiselect field based on a dynamic choice will not store values for multiple records.  I am now looking for a workaround to this issue.  Any ideas? Here's what I need to do-

I have two custom objects- work_order__c and inventory_item__c. There is a lookup field in inventory_item__c that links it to a record in work_order__c.  Basically, we need to be able to assign a particular inventory item to a work order for tracking purposes.  I would like the user to be able to click a button from the page of the work order that they are view to search for available inventory items and then assign them to the work order that they are currently using.  I had the flow all setup to perform the inventory search and then to update the inventory_item__c record to assign it to a work order.  However, I now know that a user can't select multiple inventory items and have them assigned. 

Any ideas on this?  I'm not particularly fluent in visualforce or in apex so I was hoping to accomplish this in the flow.

DarrellDDarrellD

I can assume it's not good to assign the inventory items one at a time vs. multiple at once?

For multiple at once, try searching the board a little because I know Rajaram has put a few pieces of code in Github for some workarounds to things.  Adding multiple items at once is a common request and something they are working on but if anyone has a workaround it's likely him.  But it's going to be some kind of Apex plug in as I know you cannot add multiple items at once currently in Flow.

ckahlckahl

Thanks, I'll check with him. I do need to add multiple inventory items at once.  They are usually the same type of item but we'll use large groups at a time. So, they'll just grab a range of serial numbers and assign them to a work order. I hope they have something in the Spring 13 release to do this in flows.  It would make my life much easier!