function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
R_ShriR_Shri 

Club two or more workflow rule into one

There is governor limit of 50 workflow per object and I am about to reach the limit for the Account object.

Atleast 30 workflow are similar in nature and in them only one condition changes which is value of country field (and hence E-mail alerts to the users/groups).

Please suggest any solution by which I can club most of these workflow(if not all).

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks,

Rumit

R_ShriR_Shri

2 fields updates, 1 outbound message and 1 email alert are done as workflow action.

Only in email alert value of  "TO" changes (depending upon the value of country) while rest of the things are same in all workflow.

Similarly is the case for rule criteria, only one criteria Value of country field changes while rest of the criteria are same.

Thanks,

Rumit 

R_ShriR_Shri

Please Reply.

Feel free if any information related to this issue is requied .

RobbiePRobbieP

It doesnt quite seem that you have a whole of information here for us to go on, but I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that all of your workflow rules and field updates are not taking advantage of formulas. Is it possible for you to either change some of the workflow rule criterion or some of the field update values to formula driven results/values?

R_ShriR_Shri

Hi RobbieP,

Ya I Haven't Used Formula Till Yet.

Current rule criteria is: 

(Account: Account Record Type EQUALS1 - New Customer,1 - Draft Customer) AND (Account: Account Status NOT EQUAL TO New,Suspended) AND (Account: Field1 EQUALS TestFinance Team) AND (Account: Last Modified By NOT EQUAL TO apiuser@pqrs.com)

In every workflow rule only value of Field1 changes and hence email recipient (in email Alert).

Workflow Actions:

Immediate Workflow Actions

Type                                       Description

Email Alert                            New Customer/ Site Notification to TestFinance Team

Field Update                         Set Record type to “Customer”

Field Update                         Set the Synchronization Checkbox

Outbound Message            AllAccountData

Sorry but I didn't uderstand how I can use/assign dynamic values to the value of  Field1 using formulas.

RobbiePRobbieP

Well, I guess I misunderstood this the first time I read it.

I don’t see a way to dynamically change the email alerts using standard workflow functionality.

I would imagine that this would have to be done with a trigger, and I don’t know much about those. Good luck with your hunt for an answer….