function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TechnosTechnos 

How to show the lookup data by its name in list view of Child object.

Hi all,

I have two custom object Labs and Company Company has lookup relation in lab. Company has thre fields Name as CompnayId whic auto-generated, CompanyName__c and CompanyDescription__c, when I click on Tab of lab I am able to see the Companyid onlt in the lsitview, how I can be able to see the Company by CompanyName__c field. thanks in advance

Regards

Raman

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Raman,

In order to get the custom field of Company object on lab, I wouls suggest you to create a Formula field on Lab object that takes the value from Company Name custom Field.

Once this field is there, you can then create a custom list view and display the Company Name on the Labs list view.

Hope this helps!

All Answers

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Raman,

I understand that you have two objects : Company and Lab and they have a lookup relationship between them(on Lab)

When you are on the Labs Object - you can create a new list view where you should be able to select the fields from the Company Object.

have you tried this?

Hope I have understood your setup and requirement correctly.

TechnosTechnos

Thanks for reply Sonam but my requirment is like Generally we use to see the Name filed in the listview if we have any relation of that object to other means If I have Lab object has relation with company so I am able to see the Name filed of company in the lsit view but the field (Name ) is my ID like CompanyId, I don't want to show the ids of Company I want to show CompanyName which is custom field. I guess now it clear to you.

Thanks and Regards

Raman

TechnosTechnos

Hi Sonam Can you please tell me  anything about it. Please

Regards

Raman

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Raman,

In order to get the custom field of Company object on lab, I wouls suggest you to create a Formula field on Lab object that takes the value from Company Name custom Field.

Once this field is there, you can then create a custom list view and display the Company Name on the Labs list view.

Hope this helps!

This was selected as the best answer
TechnosTechnos

It worked..  You are great !!!

Cheers

Raman

Toriq_SagorToriq_Sagor
Why Name field has only 80 character limit?