function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdamSBealAdamSBeal 

Allowing External Portal Users to Add Contacts

I have created a new SF portal and want to allow authenticated external portal users to create contacts under their account. I can't seem to be able to get the Contacts tab to show up though for my test user. I found something which said I needed to "Delegate External User Administration" rights to my user and tried this:

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customer_portal_dpua.htm#DelegatingRights

However, I don't see any "Delegated External User Administrator selection under the Customer Portal Manager Standard profile in my sandbox where I am testing this. I am a System Administrator there so not sure why the instructions above don't match what I am seeing. 

Can anyone see where I have gone wrong? How does one allow contact creation through the external portal?

Thanks,

Adam

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Adam,

You can delegate some administrative rights to Customer Portal users with the Customer Portal ManagerCustom user license. Delegated external user administrators can do the following for external users, including both customer users and partner users, associated with their own account:

Create new external users
    Edit existing external users
    Reset passwords for external users
    Deactivate existing external user                                                                                                                                              
Note: When a delegated external user administrator deactivates a portal user, the administrator doesn't have the option to remove the portal user from any teams that user is a member of.

Delegated external user administrators can also view their account’s detail page, along with contacts and cases related to their account via the Accounts tab. In addition, delegated external user administrators receive the “Portal Super User” permission. This permission lets delegated external user administrators do the following for their own account:

View and edit all cases
    Create cases for contacts
    View and edit all contacts, whether portal enabled or not
    View account details when they’re the contact on a case
    Report on all contacts, whether portal enabled or not, if the Reports tab is added to your Customer Portal and the user has the “Run Reports” permission

For details please refer following link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customer_portal_dpua.htm&language=en_US