function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
narendramnarendram 

siteregister login causing problem in sandbox org

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce. Right now I am using Salesforce siteregister page for login purpose in force.com sites and by creating new account, I am able to do logins in salesforce developer edition. but in sandbox org or production org doesn't have account creation facility and thats why I am unable to do login. The Error coming as "Error: Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted."

Please share the possible solution....thanks in advance.

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

You can not become a user in an Org (either sandbox or production) from registration page unless any Org explicitly implements this functionality.

From salesforce site register page you would be registering to a Trial/free Org.

Let me know if you have any questions.

narendramnarendram

Hi Vinita,

You can not become a user in an Org (either sandbox or production) from registration page unless any Org explicitly implements this functionality.---> how to implement this functionality?

Right now I am developing one website using force.com and I need to use registration page for this. I am able to do in dev-org but not in sandbox or production org.

Should I create a custom User object for registration ? If so, then what about authentication(ie. limited to site login).

do you have any guidance link so that I can refer to it???

Please share your Ideas...I need solution for this!

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

In Trial/Free org you do not buy any license and its easy to register a user for free. In an actual production Org or sandbox Org every user is associated with a paid license, unless it is a guest user license.

So first decide which license would you like to associate to the users, registering from a public site. Now create a force.com site in your Org, where you wish to implement this functionality, create VF page which will open when user will click on Registered (a custom button in your site). On submission of page a record will be created in User object.