function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex M.ax1877Alex M.ax1877 

I would like to replace the default Chatter Answers Article avatar on my Force.com site

Hi there,

I am currently setting up Chatter Answers on a publicly-accessible Force.com site using the following Visualforce components included in Winter '14 -

chatteranswers:searchask
chatteranswers:feedfilter
chatteranswers:feeds

As I need to get the branding right for our company, I want to override the default Articles Avatar. I have used Firebug to locate a CSS Class called "articleAvatarIcon", however, after searching through all of the Salesforce-generated CSS files, I cannot find this class anywhere. I'm assuming that the application itself is generating this code, which makes it extremely difficult to find a workaround!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fairly certain that this can be achieved, as I have seen other support sites built on Chatter Answers using their own avatars.

Thanks,

Alex

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Alex,

Registered users should be able to add their personal information, including avatar. So edit your personal information.

Alex M.ax1877Alex M.ax1877

Hi Vinita,

Thank you for your reply, however that does not answer my question. Questions posted by users are accompanied by their avatars, but this is not the area I am having problems with!

My question was about the Article avatar - http://7digital.force.com/customers/img/chatterservice/avatar_article45x45.png

By default, this accompanies any article posted by an internal Salesforce user. I need to replace this with something else, as it clashes with our website design scheme.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex