function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sf_eliotsf_eliot 

Salesforce as Identity Provider - Logging Saml Transaction

I am trying to use the "Identity Provider" operations in Salesforce to connect to another service provider and am having some issues.  There are Identity Provider Error Log functions provided under the Manage Users menu, but I cannot seem to get these to work.  Is there any way of logging and reviewing the outgoing SAML transaction so that I can verify what is being provided to the remote service provider?

swestenzweigswestenzweig

If you are not seeing an error in the Identity Provider Error Log, then I would suspect you're not even getting to the SalesForce IdP. You may want to double-check your metadata from the IdP and SP configurations to make sure they are accurate.

Unfortunately, the IdP Error Log on SalesForce still only provides a very limited set of information. I found it invaluable to use a third-party debugging tool like Fiddler to inspect the http traffic. With it you should be able to see exactly where the transaction is failing.

rajKhaanrajKhaan

Hi! I need to implement Salesforce.com as Identity provider. Is there any implementation guide/documentation for the same ?