function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lidoopuslidoopus 

Gues can not access Custom Fields from Custom Object

Hi there,

I'm publishing Custom Object to public site. Site can display standard field like 'name'. However, it does not display anything when it comes to custom fields.

As a first step I checked profile "Standard Guest". And here comes the mystery: I can not see this profile in profile list in salesforce.com, it could be accessible only from IDE. Next, I can not change any of Custom Object Permissions (can not mark anything checked there) . I was able to set Custom Field-Level Security properly though.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

How's your experience? What steps have you had to take to get Custom fields from your custom objects visible for Guests?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BrendanOCBrendanOC

The Sites Guest User does not appear in the standard Users and Profiles screens by design.  This is to prevent Admins from accidentally exposing private information on a Public Site.

To change the permissions for the Sites user, go to Setup > App Setup > Develop > Sites.

Select your site, then click the button for Public Access Settings.

This screen should look like a standard Profile edit page, where you can set CRUD for Standard and Custom Objects.

Hope that help!

Brendan

All Answers

BrendanOCBrendanOC

The Sites Guest User does not appear in the standard Users and Profiles screens by design.  This is to prevent Admins from accidentally exposing private information on a Public Site.

To change the permissions for the Sites user, go to Setup > App Setup > Develop > Sites.

Select your site, then click the button for Public Access Settings.

This screen should look like a standard Profile edit page, where you can set CRUD for Standard and Custom Objects.

Hope that help!

Brendan

This was selected as the best answer
lidoopuslidoopus

Thank you very much Brendan, this approach works.

Walter@AdicioWalter@Adicio

Hello,

When I add permissions for the site guest user to access the custom object. The user can only see standard fields but no custom fields under the custom object. any ideas?

Thank you.