function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iamholamiamholam 

SAML SSO setting up Service Provider and sending information to their web service

Hi there

I am trying to setup a new service provider for our Salesforce organisation.  I have setup our salesforce domain and have been given the webservice URL from the SP to add into the ACS section of the service provider config.

The problem at the moment is that we are not seeing any traffic between Salesforce and the SP when I use the Idp initiated URL.  All that happens is that we get a "web page not found" error and an Error 6 (net: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) message.

Currently the SP has only setup a webservice to listen for incoming communication so that they can create their own SAML response so I wonder if there is something else that may need configured on their end before we can send messages over?

Any advice would be great.

Scott T.Scott T.

Hi,

An SP should have some means of configuring it to form its relationship withthe IdP.  Is the SP capable of importing SAML Metadata to define your SFDC  IdP?

How have you confirmed that the SP is not receiving any communication?  The communication is via your browser, so if you use a browser tool to see the HTTP request parameters, you should see a SAMLResponse parameter being sent to it.

If I had to guess, it sounds like the error is being generated by your SP - so I would recommend you take a close look at the browser's address and see if that is the right endpoint URL of the SP, and that it is configured properly.