function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cirrocirro 

OAuth Maintenance Notification formatting using iOS toolkit

I'm using OAuth in an iPhone application using the standard iOS toolkit. If there is a scheduled maintence notification presented after login, the view is not optimised for the mobile screen. The user is presented with an almost completely white screen, and must scroll through to dismiss the message.

As far as I can see, there is no method for managing the window size on that notification. Is there a formatting option I'm missing? Any way to supress maintenance notifications in OAuth on a mobile device? Thanks.

Vincent

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
chuckmortimorechuckmortimore

Perhaps this is just an aspect of your Sandbox referesh?    Identity Confirmation has always been an aspect of our Oauth API.   The good news is that in Summer 11 it is re-written to help support the mobile applications with mobile optimized interfaces and workflows.

All Answers

Hi Vincent...

Quick question - are you using OAuth 1.0a, or OAuth2?    Our OAuth 2 implementaiton should supprsess this already.

cirrocirro

Hi,

Suppose that would be helpful. Oauth 2. I'm using the default controllers in the iOS toolkit. I noticed this on the simulator. 

Vincent

Thanks - I'm looking into why you'd be seeing this.

willywuwillywu

Hi Vincent, just to double check, you're using the Force.com toolkit for iOS?  http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_iOS  Let me know please!

cirrocirro

That's the one. With the nature of this issue, it is hard to test on my end.

It's not a deal breaker. The advantages of OAuth far outway a formatting issue that might present itself 4 times a year. 

Vincent

Hey Vincent - it's not clear how you got to this screen, but we're planning some additional checks in Summer 11 to help make sure you don't in the future.    Thanks for calling this to our attention.

cirrocirro

Hi,

After the Summer 11 update, we're now getitng a request to send an activation email instead of the Approve/Deny screen. This is happening on devices and simulator. We're still using iOS toolkit and Oauth 2.

Perhaps this is just an aspect of your Sandbox referesh?    Identity Confirmation has always been an aspect of our Oauth API.   The good news is that in Summer 11 it is re-written to help support the mobile applications with mobile optimized interfaces and workflows.

This was selected as the best answer