function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SahilSFSahilSF 

Field Security

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I have to hide a custom field (comments) on a custom object when an owner manually shares his record with others. Though this field will be visible when user is creating/editing a new record. Is it possible to do this without using VF or apex?

Thanks.

Monika BhardwajMonika Bhardwaj

Hi,

I think the following solution willl help you :

Go to Setup-> Administration Setup ->  Field Accessibility -> In Choose your view section

-> select View by Profile -> therem you can make a particular field visible and editable on system admin profile

rest you can uncheck the checkboxes .

Thanks...

Monika

super developersuper developer

Do you want Hide whole record or perticular field.

For field I think Field level security is present there..

If you want not  show one user records to another users. You go for security settings there make you custom object as private. you can write apex code to share the records with other users

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Not a 100%, but reckon you would have to externalize the fields you want to keep hidden on sharing to a different sObject (which looks up to the main object), with a Private sharing model. When the user then shares the record header, the record that looks up to it with the hidden fields should hopefully remain hidden.

JD2010JD2010

Field accessibility I believe would do the trick. Another option could be to create a new page layout for the partner user profiles you're sharing it with and making sure it's hidden from their page layout.