function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kurtz_wolfgangkurtz_wolfgang 

Field Security

Hello All,

Our scenario is as such: There are two sub-organizations within the same salesforce instance. Each organization's leads/contacts/accounts are not visible to the other. We have created user specifically for integration purpose who has access to all of the data of only org. A and no access to org. B. However there is a lead generation application which we have bought license of, which uses this user to login into salesforce and sync up the leads/contacts/accounts and it is able to view the email addresses of the newly created leads/contacts/accounts of org. B as well. The weird thing is, when i login with that user cred. into salesforce I am not able to find the same data of org. B.

Been scratching my head over this. Can you provide any insight into this? It's kind of urgent and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ketan B.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi AT,

Thanks for your response. It's a managed package and I don't that was the reason. They were able to resolve it with some changes at their end.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Ketan B.

All Answers

atormanatorman

Hi Ketan - can you provide more information on what the lead generation application is (is it a managed package from the AppExchange)? Does the lead generation application use apex triggers or apex classes that do not use the 'with sharing' keyword (if it's managed, you probably won't be able to see this). If so, that may be why you get a different experience when you use the API directly with this user versus have this user execute apex that runs in system context.

Thanks!

AT

Hi AT,

Thanks for your response. It's a managed package and I don't that was the reason. They were able to resolve it with some changes at their end.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Ketan B.

This was selected as the best answer