function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Apex_LearnerApex_Learner 

SAML Questions

We are considering a SAML SSO SF solution, because we already use an identity provider for other (non-SF)  applications.

But we also have a need for Web Service API calls for a few custom applications that we have built, one of which launches when the user clicks a custom button on a SF page.

1)  Is it generally good practice to set SF user account passwords to Never Expire when using SAML/SSO?

2)  I have a need to deploy WS API code to clients using our SF pages through SAML.  The code needs to run in the client browser (after they click a custom button using javascript).  If passwords are set to never expire, then I guess this policy would also apply to the general service/user account(s) designated as Web Service API only logins - and I would need to embed the account/password in the code?  If I read the docs correctly, WS API calls cannot use SSO/SAML, so a id / password (token) is required?

I guess I'm not sure if embedding a never-expiring password in that deployed code so it can seamlessly hit SF is a good idea (?) 

If the password is embedded, and it does expire, I'd like to avoid having to re-deploy that code again if at all possible...

Any general advice?

thanks