function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JudyJudy 

Question related to sharing records

Hello!

My co. is on Professional edition.

I will like to find out if there's a way to share specific opportunity records (i.e.meet the criteria of Partner = SAP) for the entire organization with a user.
Can this be done via S-control?

Our orgn wide default is set to Private for Accounts and Opportunities

Thanks! Judy

SunilSunil

You can achive the same using sharing rule. Define a sharing rule which meets the criteria and shares the record to particular user.

Sunil

JudyJudy

Hi Sunil

Prof edition only has Account sharing rule.
And the sharing rule also do not allow me to have specific criteria. It only allows me to share records by Public group, Role, Role and Subordinates. What I'm trying to achieve is to share only a certain no. of records (not all records) within the Role and Subordinates with a certain user. Any other ways u know of that i can achieve this.. thanks

Cheers, Judy

SunilSunil
Hi Judy,

You can assign the ownership of certain no of records to one user and share the records to particular group.

Thanks

Sunil
JudyJudy

Hello Sunil

How can i go about doing this?  => "You can assign the ownership of certain no of records to one user"

Cheers, Judy
SunilSunil
Go to Setup ----> Administration Setup ---> Data Management ---> Mass Transfer Records

Thanks

Sunil
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello Judy,

If you were EE you could use the Data Loader to create new records in the AccountShare object. If you are PE you can utilize the Excel Connector to create the sharing that you want. You will need to run a report with all the Account IDs of the records you want to share. You will then need the Id of the User you want to share with. To create the AccountShare object you will probably want to query to get all of the fields required but the ones you will need are below.

Account ID
User/Group ID
Account Access (All, Read, Edit)
Case Access (All, Read, Edit)
AccountShare

Opportunity Access (All, Read, Edit)

You may need to play with it because I don't have PE I can't verify if this will work but it should.