function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cl0s3rcl0s3r 

Philosophy

Just like philosophy, you have to know how to ask the question to get your answer. I would like to create a custom field within a custom object that will look-up all users, active and in-active.  Where should I begin this quest?

TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello cl0s3r,

Currently the lookup(user) fields will only list active users. There isn't any way that I know of to have the field include inactive users. The only possible way I could think of is to create a picklist containing all user's name, active and inactive. You can then use Apex to populate that will the field with the Inactive user after saving. I have not tested this. I did try with workflow rule but you cannot select an inactive user in the field update and you cannot deactivate the user if they are part of the workflow rules.
werewolfwerewolf
I would say you would want to begin your quest with an inline Scontrol or Visualforce component that queries on all users and displays them in a lookup-like fashion.  TCAdmin's suggestion is a noble one, but a picklist will get very messy very quickly.

Message Edited by werewolf on 06-11-2008 03:20 PM
jrotensteinjrotenstein
Even the longest quest begins with a small for loop.

You may like to create the custom field, but the question is... does the custom field want to be created?