function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LogoJonLogoJon 

Auto Create a new Case when Opportunities meet specific criteria

I would like to auto-create a new Case for Opportunities when they meet certain criteria.

The new case would have set information (Like Case Name and Subject), but some fields need to vary based off the Opportunity:

Related Opportunity
Case Owner

Is something like this possible?

Thanks!
thought_currythought_curry
I think it should be possible using triggers
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello LogoJon,

Something like this is also possible through an inline s-control if you do not have access to the Apex. You will want to be careful because you could end up making a new case every time you view the opportunity, which I assume would be bad.
SiliconCRMSiliconCRM
Did you ever find a solution for this?  Something I'd like to do as well. Thx!
TCAdminTCAdmin

Hello SiliconCRM,

As stated above this can be done through the use of Apex or an s-control if you want it to be completely automated. The Apex would be the best but it does take more development time due to the testing requirements.

The easiest method to do this would be through the use of either a custom link or button. This would require the user to click the button to generate the case but could be done much quicker than the other options.

I have instructions on my site on how to build a custom button utilizing only the URL code that may assist you in this portion if needed.